Participating in a learnership can offer several benefits to individuals living with disabilities in South Africa, as well as to the companies sponsoring those learnerships.
Benefits for Individuals with Disabilities:
- Skills Development: Learnerships provide individuals with disabilities the opportunity to acquire new skills and knowledge that can enhance their employability and career prospects.
- Work Experience: Learnerships offer real-world work experience, allowing participants to apply the skills they’ve learned in a practical setting. This experience is valuable when seeking future employment.
- Income Generation: Many learnerships provide stipends or allowances, which can be important for individuals with disabilities who might face financial challenges.
- Increased Confidence: Successfully completing a learnership can boost self-confidence and self-esteem, helping individuals believe in their abilities and potential.
- Networking: Learnerships provide opportunities to build professional networks, connect with mentors, and learn from experienced professionals in the industry.
- Improved Employability: Learnerships can make participants more attractive to potential employers, as they demonstrate a commitment to learning and professional growth.
- Accommodations and Support: In South Africa, learnerships are regulated by the Skills Development Act, which mandates reasonable accommodations for learners with disabilities, ensuring they have equal access to learning and work opportunities.
Benefits for Companies Sponsoring Learnerships for People Living with Disabilities:
- Diversity and Inclusion: Hiring individuals with disabilities as learners promotes diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, fostering a positive corporate image.
- Access to Talent: Companies gain access to a wider pool of talent, including individuals with skills and perspectives pertaining to disabilities, which can contribute to innovation and problem-solving.
- Enhanced Reputation: Companies that support learnerships for individuals with disabilities demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility and inclusion, enhancing their reputation both internally and externally.
- Skill Development: Sponsoring a learnership allows companies to shape the skills and competencies of the workforce according to their specific
- B-BBEE-related Benefits: In South Africa, there are tax incentives and benefits for companies that participate in skills development initiatives, including learnerships for Black People living with Disabilities
Skills College as your Partner for an End-to-End Solution for Disabled Learners
Skills College has created a unique solution for companies who are interested in maximising their B-BBEE Skills Development Spend. This solution is a totally outsourced and end-to-end solution that makes it very easy for clients to implement solutions addressing this much needed support. Find more information around this solution on our website at https://skillscollege.co.za/our-solutions/disabled-solutions/
We look forward to connecting in order to explore ways in which we could collaborate regarding your B-BBEE Skills Development Expenditure needs!